Grist for the Mill

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 11 May 2005 19:03:36 -0700

I'm with you...a 100 cent change hardly moves the pin at all...

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: Farrell
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Grist for the Mill

A 30 degree turn of a tuning pin every year on a stable piano? No=
 way!

Calculate the pitch increase with a 30 degree rotation on a 2/0=
 pin - even the 7.5 degree rotation - I suspect you will very=
 quickly realize your numbers are grossly excessive.

Unless, of course, I am wrong. But I don't think so.

Terry Farrell