TiteBond III reprise

Thu, 12 May 2005 16:35:10 +0100

Hello Joe
Some little girl sat on my boys' violin and smashed it to bits. I took =
the bits home in a shopping bag. A few months later I thought I'd use my =
newly acquired Tite Bond to stick it together. He now prefers it to a =
replacement violin which I bought for a couple of 100 =A3 or more. Now =
that's Tite Bond for you - but it hasn't a Mk 1, or 2, or 3, it's called =
Original Wood Glue and comes in a 8fl. oz plastic bottle with a very =
questionable nozzle (which I managed to pull off and break. Darn it!)
Regards
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:49 PM
  Subject: TiteBond III reprise

  After several months of using TiteBond III, I'm happy to report that =
it is now my glue of choice on those repairs that I don't/expect to ever =
have to take apart!=20
  Some of the properties I like: 1. It doesn't stain my fingers like =
TiteBond II. 2. It has a longer "working time" than TiteBond II. 3. It =
doesn't clog up sanding devices as badly as either TiteBond or TiteBond =
II. 4. It dries to a color that is less conspicuous. (Soundboard glue-up =
comes to mind.) 5. It is really strong!
  The only down-side that I've found, is that it is best to let it cure =
a full 24-36 hours before attempting to put major stress on the joint, =
such as planing, etc.
  For those of you who haven't tried it, I do recommend it.
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I