Pitch Raise *Sorry, I couldn't find what I needed in the archives*

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 May 2005 21:02:37 -0700 (PDT)

Since we are on pitch raising I do have a question.

When you begin a pitch raise, do I strip mute the entire tenor and treble sections as I would for a regular tuning?  The reason I ask is that I have done several practice pitch raises so far.  And I strip muted each time.  So, as I go along and tune the center strings sharp, the surrounding two strings of each note seem to "bleed" through and I can hear them, even though they are being muted.

Just wondering what you all can tell me about this.

Thanks!
Matthew

Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net> wrote:
Michael of Sussex said: "Hello John and List
You asked:
 Do you have any idea how much tension would be on A-0 when tuned to =
A-445??? J=20
Non! But it can't be much above design tension can it!
Go for it - it works every time."

I definately wouldn't try this nonsense on a Mason & Hamlin 9 footer! It's already at 75% of the breaking strength! (on A 0)

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

Yahoo! Mail Mobile