Pitch Raise *Sorry, I couldn't find what I needed in the archives*

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 13 May 2005 00:54:24 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 12:02 AM
  Subject: Pitch Raise *Sorry, I couldn't find what I needed in the =
archives*

  Since we are on pitch raising I do have a question.

  When you begin a pitch raise, do I strip mute the entire tenor and =
treble sections as I would for a regular tuning?  The reason I ask is =
that I have done several practice pitch raises so far.  And I strip =
muted each time.  So, as I go along and tune the center strings sharp, =
the surrounding two strings of each note seem to "bleed" through and I =
can hear them, even though they are being muted.

  Just wondering what you all can tell me about this.

  Thanks!
  Matthew

  Matthew,
      Check the archives---Just kidding-<G>
      -I often hear what you describe. First , different strips can be =
more or less effective at quieting the outside strings.
      You might experiment with other thickness and or width strips, but =
remember the pitch raise in my opinion is only designed to prepare the =
piano for tuning.Practice ignoring the "Bleed through " and don't try =
and be too fine. Whatever the system, quick passes --especially the =
first are preferred .You can here the center string despite the =
"interference " from the rest of the uinison.
      Good luck,
      Tom "Archive" Driscoll