tilter

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Sat, 14 May 2005 12:37:30 +0000

Thanks Dave, I was thinking about using long plastic tiewraps.

-------------- Original message from Dave Davis <dave@davispiano.com>: --------------

Hi Rick,

A console is a nice size to start with. The trick is to keep the back casters from rolling away from the tilter both as the piano leaves the floor and as it touches down again. For a little insurance you can buy one of those $5 ratchet straps from the hardware store, run it around a couple of back posts and secure the tilter to the piano.

I think the April 2005 Journal, page 17 has some pics.

Have fun,
Dave Davis, RPT

richard.ucci@att.net wrote:
Hi list,
Just got a piano tilter from Schaff . Anyone have any tips ?  I'm ca glueing a small 50's console's pinblock tomorrow .

Thanks,
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano