tilter - My two cents

Jim jim@pianoguy.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 09:17:47 -0400

Hi Rick
Having learned this scary lesson from the first piano that I had =
scampering accross a customers floor in to her sofa,  you could fold a =
moving blankets and have it on the floor when the piano 'lands'.  It =
will NOT roll, and the blanket will protect the floor from any possible =
harm . . .

Just a thought for your consideration

Jim Kinnear
"A man is about as big as the things that make him angry." -- Winston =
Churchill
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: richard.ucci@att.net=20
  To: dave@davispiano.com ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:37 AM
  Subject: Re: tilter

  Thanks Dave, I was thinking about using long plastic tiewraps.

    -------------- Original message from Dave Davis =
<dave@davispiano.com>: --------------=20

    Hi Rick,

    A console is a nice size to start with. The trick is to keep the =
back casters from rolling away from the tilter both as the piano leaves =
the floor and as it touches down again. For a little insurance you can =
buy one of those $5 ratchet straps from the hardware store, run it =
around a couple of back posts and secure the tilter to the piano.

    I think the April 2005 Journal, page 17 has some pics.

    Have fun,
    Dave Davis, RPT

    richard.ucci@att.net wrote:
      Hi list,
      Just got a piano tilter from Schaff . Anyone have any tips ?  I'm =
ca glueing a small 50's console's pinblock tomorrow .

      Thanks,
      Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano