Finishing steel plate

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sat, 14 May 2005 20:05:53 +0200

Hello list.

This Pleyel has a steel plate.  Interesting how you can, as steel is =
very flexible, adjust the plate heigth even after stringing.  Anyone has =
a tip about how to refinish this steel plate ? Without further advise, I =
plan to strip the old finish with dichloromethane, degrease the steel =
with naphta, put a spray primer, then spray alkyde gold paint, and =
finally a layer of spray clear varnish.  Should I use a layer of minium =
?  Apparently, the original didn't have one.

Best regards.

St=E9phane Collin.