split bridge

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rlshiflet@cableone.net
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:59:30 -0700

I have a Baldwin Acrosonic here with a bridge that is separating.  The =
separation is in the high treble only.  The customer doesn't have a lot =
of money and re-capping the bridge is beyond the value of the piano.  I =
was thinking about removing the strings from hitch pins and getting =
under the bridge with epoxy.  In the past, while the epoxy cures, I've =
used the "2 Pieces of Pinblock" method for clamping down the bridge.   =
Does anyone have a better method?  Any ideas or alternate methods would =
be appreciated. =20

thanks
Ron