split bridge

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 14 May 2005 18:29:37 -0300

How about, countersinking a wood screw. It can be left in, after the epoxy dries.
That way you won't have to wait, or return after the epoxy dries.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron & Lorene Shiflet
  To: Piano-Tech
  Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 5:59 PM
  Subject: split bridge

  I have a Baldwin Acrosonic here with a bridge that is separating.  The separation is in the high treble only.  The customer doesn't have a lot of money and re-capping the bridge is beyond the value of the piano.  I was thinking about removing the strings from hitch pins and getting under the bridge with epoxy.  In the past, while the epoxy cures, I've used the "2 Pieces of Pinblock" method for clamping down the bridge.   Does anyone have a better method?  Any ideas or alternate methods would be appreciated.

  thanks
  Ron