New Sanding Material

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 17:34:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01C558AB.3FFEEB10
I just gave my new Abranet abrasive pads a try and they are fabulous. =
They are for a hook and loop random orbit sander. Their main super =
feature is the mesh substrate that, when used with a vacuum assist =
sander, results is totally dust-free sanding. They also are of the new =
"P" grit designation, which means that the grit is better sorted than =
older types. I used these today on a table with a lacquer finish and on =
bare wood (a couple soundboard panels) and was delighted with their =
performance. They last at least as long as a premium Norton paper. =
What's kinda nice is that as they wear, it is very easy to observe the =
wear state of the disk. The photo below shows a new disk on the left and =
a disk that I will throw out on the right - it was still cutting, but =
definitely had slowed down - you can see that most of the white abrasive =
is gone.

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/Mirkaabrasives2.htm  scroll =
down to bottom of page.

Terry Farrell