tilter

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Mon, 16 May 2005 08:39:30 -0500

Sorry for the delayed response.  Be especially careful of the more modern uprights.  They don't usually have as much clearance between floor and bottom of piano.  I would also strap the piano to the tilter, as per someone elses suggestion.

Also make sure you have plenty of clearance before you start tilting.  If there is another person available, it is helpful to have another pair of hands available, particularly when you are tipping it back into position.
Fran Helms,
Topeka, KS

>>> "tom driscoll" <tomtuner@comcast.net> 05/13/05 8:21 PM >>>

  Hi list,
  Just got a piano tilter from Schaff . Anyone have any tips ?  I'm ca glueing a small 50's console's pinblock tomorrow .

  Thanks,
  Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

  Rick,
      Try C.A.ing the piano to the tilter first--- Actually , the console will be no problem.  It's the big uprights where the danger lives.
      Check out the journal article mentioned in Dave Davis's post.
      Have fun.
      Tom Driscoll