Sanding Bridge Tops

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Mon, 16 May 2005 19:02:28 +0200

Thanks Joe.

If I get you right, you check for bridge top to be parallel to =
soundboard, do I ?

Regards.

St=E9phane Collin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 6:54 PM
  Subject: Re: Sanding Bridge Tops

  David Love said: "No, I just use the string grooves themselves as the =
guide.  Sand until
  they just disappear.  Recheck the bearing and make adjustments to the
  plate if necessary. "

  That's all well/good, however, it assumes that the bridge hasn't =
"rolled" and also that the bridge was made correctly in the first place.
  If you ascertain that the bridge hasn't rolled then a quick check with =
a small Square will tell you if you are on track. If the bridge has =
rolled then you need to compensate. in that case, set up with a =
"T-Square" will give you the correct angle.
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I