Damper pitman

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 16 May 2005 18:13:24 -0500

Yes, Holmes, it was I!!!  Oh, I knew the day would come when I would be =
found out.  But you see, I have only been masquerading as a mild =
mannered piano technician.  In reality,  my true identity =
is.........(scream).......(scuffle).........(thud)..........(door =
slams)...........

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Ilvedson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:27 PM
  Subject: RE: Damper pitman

  So it's you who did that!   ;-]   The problem, imho, with the center =
pin/nail is you still have the top/bottom of the pitman moving slightly =
against the lever & tray and potential noise.  The 1/2" dowel with a 3/4 =
inch punching glued to each end and fitting into a 3/4 inch recess =
(forstner bit) eliminates that remaining friction.   The hole in the =
keybed is is about a 1 inch hole (forstner bit again).   The archives =
has lots of stuff on this...

  David I.

-----