Just tuning

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 17 May 2005 08:44:11 -0700

A hall I do work for brought in a group for a performance last week.   They brought a tuner who tuned (they brought their own piano) the piano to a Just tuning.   Performance involved a grant and what have you...anyway, I missed the performance but did get a chance to play the piano the next day.   I've got to tell you I couldn't get used to beatless thirds...really sounded weird.    Is this suppose to be the "sweet" sound?   If so I'm sticking with a low sugar diet...;-]   Of course a beatless third and then the next one really fast is so disconcerting...I imagine when playing in the correct key and not venturing out of it one could enjoy the sound...

David I.