When your day goes in the toilet

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 00:32:43 EDT

>From the files of "Embarassing but True."  If you can't laugh at  yourself,
who CAN you laugh at?

So I finish tuning this lady's piano, and the diuretic effects of the
morning's coffee kick in.  "M'am, may I use your facilities?"

"Yes, no problem."  She shows me to the door.

I'm wearing my shop apron.  Don't know why, probably because of the
convenient pocket space it affords me to put things like my pocket PC
in(foreshadowing here...)

Business done, apron back in place--without my IPAQ, which has fallen into
the (fortunately freshly flushed) toilet.  Flushed for most of the day were
appointments, Tunelab, contacts, and map functions.

Things to be thankful for:

My wonderful wife, who offered me personalized GPS service via my cell  phone
from her job at the university.

I tune mostly by ear, anyway.  (4 of the five jobs consisted of  lowering the
pitch on new pianos, 2 by over 20 cents each).

Since my day was so busy, I'd made out all of today's invoices in advance,
so at least I had everyone's address handy.

SD cards, which saved EVERYTHING today.

Water dries out.

Computers can come back from a dunking.

It's been a long day.  Time for a glass o' vino.

Dave Stahl