Lindner grand

Sat, 21 May 2005 14:56:33 +0100

Hello List and Richard of Cardiff - who said:
The topic of Lindner pianos cropped up in the Pianotech list a short =
while ago.  Did you ever see the Lindner Grand?? It was a super =
modernistic design like a harpsichord on a central 'pillar' which also =
incorporated the pedals. It was, to my recollection, straight/oblique =
strung

Yes that's the one. I do have one in my care, though I haven't touched =
it for a very long time - twenty years or so. It was memorable enough =
for me to exclaim when I first saw it "I didn't know they made grands!" =
It is just as you described. I have a small triangular William de Blaise =
Harpsichord which lives (minus legs) under my S&S "A". It is of the same =
shape and size as that Lindner grand. I cannot remember anything more =
pertinent to it though - what the action etc was like etc. though the =
keys, I think, were standard.=20
Regards from a wind-blown sometimes sunny sometimes rainy Sussex Village
Michael G.(UK)