breathing ca glue

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rlshiflet@cableone.net
Sat, 21 May 2005 21:44:10 -0700

Oh, by the way,
  Just a tidbit for everyone, including me.  Be sure and not breathe CA =
glue. =20
        I have a friend who is a detective and a fingerprint expert.  A =
couple of years ago I took some Boy Scouts to the police station to work =
on the fingerprinting merit badge.
    After the merit badge was over, he gave us a tour.  He had his own =
miniature 'crime laboratory'.  He had built a "Fingerprint Chamber" for =
those items that had invisible fingerprints incapable of being lifted.  =
The chamber was nothing more than a box with a door, like an old =
microwave oven. =20
    My friend would simply place the item in the box, squeeze some ca =
glue onto a small tray and close the door.  The next day, he'd open it =
up and there would be fingerprints all over the item.  The prints were =
non removeable and he could take the prints and read them. =20
    My point isn't the science of fingerprinting but rather the =
dangerousness of the ca glue, coating our lungs as we breathe it.

Ron S.