CA and Accelerator and Happy Clients!

Sun, 22 May 2005 07:09:38 +0100

Hello Patrick and List
Thanks for the explanation which is worthy of putting on the List. Though
the old water-tub treatment may be out-dated (and I agree) it does have some
merits in UK. We do not have the dry climatic problems and water is a lot
cheaper than a Dampp-Chaser system. In the UK this system is horrendously
expensive and someone here had a very nasty experience in a music school
when he installed them. That was about 15 years ago I suppose and the
repercussions made quite a stir in the business at the time. CA treatment
has just got to the UK and I used it on just one pin on a baby grand last
Thursday. With the amazing results CA produced I then used it on a terrible
strung-front(!) back-to-front Eavestaff spinet on Friday. It worked! In my
previous tuning session I had concluded by telling my clients "This piano
needs replacing!" But that was a week previously. Now, armed with my new
alternative weapon CA, I appoached the piano with the determined air of one
about to achieve a minor miracle. I took many photos of this odd piano and
put some on the List. I don't have a tilter but I did have a willing client
to help not only to put it on its back and then on its front (for these
wrest pins are double ended and you tune the wrong end and apply CA to both
ends) but also to get behind the piano in the tuning session afterwards and
operate the Papps wedge for me! As I calculated the Account afterwards and
smilingly presented it I had to admit that without his able assistance the
job would have taken a lot longer. Two happy people when I left. I shall not
be getting a tilter as I am semi retired now. But I do have my new powerful
weapon CA! For floor protection I used last weeks' Times Educational
Supplement :-)   For an applicator I used an InkJet Cartridge re-filling
syringe. It was excellent - and washed out afterwards! Must get more CA.
Regards from a dull-and-likely-to-rain-today Sussex Village
Michael G.(UK)