Steinway 9 ft 1872

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 06:50:05 EDT

Dear Erwin,

We recently rebuilt an 1868 Steinway for a client in Mexico City. I believe
it was a style 3 and frankly, it wasn't made to be rebuilt. The only way to
replace the block was to remove it AND the stretcher as one piece. It required
reveneering of the stretcher and the sides of the piano (block built into side).

Upon installation, some dowels through the case (more reveneering) made for a
comfortable and stable fit.

BTW, I enjoy your posts. They are always informative.

Regards,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Philadelphia, Pa.