Tapping grand pins unsupported?

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Sun, 22 May 2005 08:40:04 -0400

Is it OK to give a few taps to a loose tuning pin without pulling the =
action and supporting the block?

Clearly, support is necessary when driving a pin into an empty hole.  =
But I've run into a few grands that have just two or three loose pins =
and plenty of coil height.  It's so much quicker to give them two or =
three taps with my Handy Hammer (side note: the combination handle grips =
only *twisting* tools!), rather than bringing out the CA...

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV