CA and Accelerator and Happy Clients!

alan forsyth alan@forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun, 22 May 2005 16:36:45 +0100

Michael Gamble wrote;

"We do not have the dry climatic problems and water is a lot cheaper =
than a Dampp-Chaser system. In the UK this system is horrendously =
expensive"

Yes, indeed, about a third of the price of a brand new Chinese upright =
piano or even the same price as a decent desktop computer. (Where's the =
value?) Don't forget also that the replacement pads ain't cheap either.

Most of the pianos in this country are over 80 years old and have =
acclimatized to a RH of 65%. Ideally, the installation of a climate =
control system should maintain that 65% to avoid any damage. The Dampp =
Chaser literature that I have does not state whether you can set it to =
maintain existing conditions, and am therefore very reluctant to =
recommend the system for old instruments; new ones, fine.

AF