CA and Accelerator and Happy Clients!

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Sun, 22 May 2005 12:17:38 -0400

You can order humidistats in three settings, for just that reason (p. 3 =
of their latest blue catalog):

Dry:          39%
Standard:  42%
Wet:          51%

The sensitivity is around +/- 4%, so the Wet setting would get you in =
the ballpark.

At 70%RH, I've seen condensation on tuning pins in the morning; 65% =
seems pretty high.  Maintaining a current average makes sense, though.

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: alan forsyth=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:36 AM
  Subject: CA and Accelerator and Happy Clients!

  Most of the pianos in this country are over 80 years old and have =
acclimatized to a RH of 65%. Ideally, the installation of a climate =
control system should maintain that 65% to avoid any damage. The Dampp =
Chaser literature that I have does not state whether you can set it to =
maintain existing conditions, and am therefore very reluctant to =
recommend the system for old instruments; new ones, fine.

  AF