Loose S&S bracket

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 01:04:30 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2005 5:39:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jonpage@comcast.net writes:

The bass  bracket has broken free of the rails and the Let-Off rail
clicks when a  note is played in the lowest octave.

Short of firing up the propane, I  was thinking of drilling for set
screws and reinforcing the joint with  epoxy or thick CA.  Any thoughts ? ...
   It works for me. If you can get it solid using this  method then go for
it. I'd use JB weld for this repair.

I'm not a fan of these rails and wish they would replace them  with flat
rails.
I noticed that new M&H's have a similar tubular rail.  What are they
thinking % ?
Can anyone espouse their benefit  ?
   Rigidity , novelty ,but other systems are just as  or more rigid such as
Yamaha Aluminum rails.

 Dale

Regards,

Jon Page