One of those pleasant days

ibetuner ibetuner@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 24 May 2005 17:00:09 -0700

Had a great day today because of one client...

Nothin' fancy just fixin' and learnin'

Tuned an old Currier rental spinet that the customer had purchased...

I thought the piano looked really clean...

Her daughter bought it for her and she said, "sorry, it has a few
scratches".

To me the piano finish looked almost as if it could be new...I asked the
lady what she did to it...Oh I just used a little "Old English". Never heard
of it...it was dark walnut and she bought it in the grocery store. Of course
I don't know what the piano looked like initially but when she got done with
it, it looked wonderful...she said the stuff has been around since she was
young...coulda been about 70 years ago. Anyone ever use it?

Did the tuning and some light needle and brass brush voicing and she said,
"It's wonderful", I didn't ever think it could sound like that...IMHO it
really did sound good...Good sound, Good looks...She thought she had a new
piano. I think a piano is like a painting, and many times everything can't
be imporved at  one sitting but with a little work, and I do mean just a
little (extra effort) you can really make your customers happy by simply
improving the tone quality of the instrument.

Still learning a lot about what I don't know but going to Guild meetings and
Conventions really helps. Anybody who's trying to learn the piano
tuning/repair business absolutely needs to go to those meetings as often as
possible.

Just a good day...

Thanks for listnen'

Wayne R. Lutzow