Loose S&S bracket

Wed, 25 May 2005 06:00:19 -0400

Hi Jon -
No need to shout! Larger, or large with bold, or bold italic would probably
have worked as well.  Someone might misinterpret your tone.  Anyway, a few
questions of clarification which will, most likely make absolutely no
difference.  First, is this piano of the vintage having a large opening in
the bracket? Or more recent?  I ask because if of the older type, and all
three rails are loose, which one could conclude from some of what you've
said, then it's not clear to me, from the description of your proposed
method, how you intend to reestablish the correct positioning of each
rail.  If it's only the let off rail, positioning seems less critical.

Dale.  Could you elaborate on "naahhh"?

David Skolnik