First on-line images of the Overs-Kawai 200 grand piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 25 May 2005 19:31:35 -0400

Re: First on-line images of the Overs-Kawai 200 grand pianMetallic blue =
plate - great idea! I really loved the looks of that S&S B with the =
George Gershwin theme blue-stained maple case and silver plate.

I just hope I beat you to the candy-apple-red plate. That's still the =
one I want to see!

Terry Farrell
  SNIP

  The colour, was it the customer's wish?

  The colour scheme was my idea. At first he was a but of a sceptic, =
since the first drafts looked somewhat akin to Robin Hood and his merry =
men. But once we got down to the darker shades he could see that it =
would look quite classy. The idea of finishing off-the-gun with a satin =
finish is again to reduce the cost. Musicians and Conservatoriums don't =
care if their studio instruments don't have a gloss finish. So why =
should we inflict the finishing cost upon them?

  I have looked at other colour combinations for a satin finish. I have =
another which I would like to try. The case is coffee coloured, while =
the plate is a light metallic blue with royal blue felt. I think it =
looks quite amazing on colour cards, and in the right setting it could =
really work.

  Ron O.
--=20
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY