First on-line images ...Terry - 2 questions

Wed, 25 May 2005 22:42:39 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_H+ZP//frlQGhP5bUppYx1g)
Terry -
Two questions -  What kind of bass strings are these? and what kind of
camera equipment do you use.  The quality of the photos seems much better
than Ron's...no offense intended.

David Skolnik

At 04:40 PM 5/25/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't know that there is anything "wrong" with using Dag or graphite,
>but some, including me, don't think it is necessary. Hard maple is a
>rather lubricious wood and strings slide over it quite easily. The photo
>below is of one of my bridges.
>
>I think most rebuilders and manufacturers use black goop on the bridge
>tops because "that's what you're supposed to do".
>
>Terry Farrell
>
>[]
>
>I have a question about the bridge you made for the Overs Kawai:
>the original bridge had graphite on its top, so why did you choose not to
>graphite it?
>Is graphite a bad thing (although many manufacturers graphite their
>bridges) when applied on top of bridges?
>
>Congratulations again, and it would be good to hear the "beast".
>
>Quentin

--Boundary_(ID_H+ZP//frlQGhP5bUppYx1g)
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--Boundary_(ID_H+ZP//frlQGhP5bUppYx1g)--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 8a701a0.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 163107 bytes