Crescendos in my piano

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 02:58:11 EDT

Hi all,

I just replaced my not-too-old green punchings with some of Andre's.   While
the difference was nowhere near as dramatic as in the 1 note test I did  on
the Kawai with mushy punchings last week, the before/after difference  is
pronounced.  The feel is far more positive and defined.

The is better, too, but I need to tune the piano before I can really
accurately assess that end of it.

I've played several pianos in the last few days that would really benefit  by
a punching overhaul.  I will indeed be pushing people to get these, not
because I see it as a huge money-earner, but because it is a vast improvement  for
the player for a relatively small investment.

Dave Stahl