Bass Overtones

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 03:03:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/05 10:49:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce@bgpianotech.com writes:

Hello everyone.

Bruce Gibson in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada here.

I have a client who has a Kawai RX-2. We changed the bass strings to GC
Piano Co. strings because the client was complaining about obnoxious  overtones.
Many of the offending overtones are still there.

Any suggestions as to how I might go about eliminating them, or at very
least reducing them. I've tried voicing the hammers...with not audible  change.

Look forward to your input.

Thank you.

Bruce,

What I find interesting is that I tune many RX2s, and they are probably  less
troubled by that type of harmonic disturbance than just about any other
piano I work on.  I'm curious about what it might be.  Are the dampers  seating
properly?

Good luck, keep us posted,

Dave Stahl