String breakage in Seiler pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Fri, 27 May 2005 08:18:23 -0500

Thanks for the response, Dave. =20

You're right, one has to tread carefully when voicing it.    As far as =
the breaking strings goes, perhaps I will have to reconsider and do more =
investigating.  It just didn't seem like one of those cases of piano =
pummeling.  I guess some times it's more obvious than others.=20

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:48 AM
  Subject: Re: String breakage in Seiler pianos

  HI Barbara,

  I've worked on a 240 in recent times, but it is no more than 4-5 years =
old.  No string breakage as of yet.  Lots of frontscale noise, though.  =
It's a fine line between softening it enough and killing it on those =
pianos. =20

  I tune many Seilers, and many have had a wide variety of small =
problems, but never anything like you describe.  I'd say try Seiler tech =
support, but there really isn't any in the US at the moment that I know =
of.  I've been frustrated by this in working with customers with =
legitimate warranty issues.

  Keep us posted.  If my 240 starts breaking strings, I'll let you =
know...

  Dave Stahl

  In a message dated 5/26/05 3:20:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =