Counting Chicks

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 27 May 2005 11:49:34 -0500

I'm seeing a 1913 Chickering baby grand this afternoon. It is to be auctioned this evening, with a reserve of $500 and I have a customer who may be bidding.

I'm assuming this is a so-called Quarter Grand with wooden brackets and a split, beveled, weird pinblock that is heck to replace, but I haven't seen the piano.

The owner says it has this notation on it: "Scale 122".

Any comments from old hands out there would be most appreciated.

Thanks ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri