DC System & Player Piano

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 16:35:27 -0400

Hello Alan,

I am sorry for us not responding to your inquiry.  I take personal =
responsibility for this and hope your opinion of our company has not =
been harmed.

There really isn't a good solution for a complete System with this piano =
based on our experience.  A single Backside Vertical Humidifier measures =
8 inches tall by 6 and 3/4 inches wide by 4 and 1/4 inches deep.  With =
the humidifier heater bar mounted it will be about an inch taller.  Then =
it needs some space around it to get significant moisture distribution.  =
The Humidistat would need to be about 2 inches above and to the side of =
the Humidifier.  Finally, a dehumidifier would need to be squeezed in.  =
I don't think there would be enough room.  Kindly let me know if you =
have any ideas, and again I apologize for our failure to respond.

Roger

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Barnard=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 2:09 PM
  Subject: RE: DC System & Player Piano

  I have the exact problem, also in an Aeolian "Duo-Art" (gimme a =
break!) piano. I could sell a DC in a heartbeat but there is no way to =
install it. The back posts aren't deep enough for an in-the-back =
install. I think you could use one of the back-install tanks inside the =
piano at the very bottom right, placed front to back. I've called and =
written DC about this and they didn't get back to me. If Schaff or =
someone can get the components as separate items, I'd sure like to try =
it.  Lemme know what you learn.

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, Missouri

    ----- Original Message -----=20