String breakage in Seiler pianos

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 28 May 2005 11:06:37 +0200

On the other hand, why is it that I have experienced this so often?
I agree that there may be a a number of reasons for string breakage, of
which brutal force is one, but in my experience a high milage of brutal
force combined with wear and tear of the action makes strings break
faster.
There are always exceptions to anything, so we all could be right in a
way on this topic.

EAR