your question about Wurzen felt

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 29 May 2005 17:04:56 +0200

On 29-mei-05, at 15:35, Barbara Richmond wrote:

> Andr=E9,
> =A0
> Would you say the Wurzen felt hammers offer more power that the=20
> VFG--consider all things even like, regulation, each type of hammer=20
> voiced correctly, etc?
> =A0
> Thanks,
> =A0
> Barbara

I could say anything here, but it is like Quentin said :

"I don't know why, but I think that Andre will answer... yes !!"

Of course I am in favor of you know what.
But why not listen to what others have to say as well?

Ron Overs just recently wrote :
"We used new CF3 hammers for this repair and I must say I'm totally=20
struck on the quality of the Wurzen felt. Thank you Andr=E9 for bringing=20=

this hammer felt to our attention. The tonal balance over the compass=20
of the piano was quite remarkably even, even before any voicing was=20
undertaken."

Richard Brekne, who has made more than clear to me that he has a great=20=

talent for voicing (as well), is very much in awe of the Wurzens.

Dale Erwin is very much in favor of Ronsen's Wurzen hammers and I know=20=

a few others in the US who are now quite familiar with this felt.

Would you believe me once again if I tell you that I make not one penny=20=

of profit on my felt stories here on the list?
I am just truly enthusiastic, in spite of what "others" here so=20
'artfully' wanted to suggest.
But you know, the suggestion of me making profits on felt stories is=20
not enough to silence me for ever, but in order to remain more or less=20=

neutral I would suggest in my turn that others come forward
with their opinion.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek