Self voicing hammers/work hardening

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Sun, 29 May 2005 08:35:41 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:42 AM
  Subject: Re: Self voicing hammers/work hardening

  On 28-mei-05, at 0:33, Barbara Richmond wrote:

      I may be replacing the hammers on this piano.  The piano just =
doesn't sound as impressive as I think it should--which is especially =
true right now because someone did some questionable voicing (I won't go =
into that).  But, it seems like that's always been the case with this =
instrument--if I remember correctly.  Have you put Wurzen felt hammers =
on a piano of this make, age and size?
      =20
      Thanks.
      =20
      Barbara

  Yes, I have, and the outcome is predictable.
  It is always much better.

  Andr=E9,

  Would you say the Wurzen felt hammers offer more power that the =
VFG--consider all things even like, regulation, each type of hammer =
voiced correctly, etc?

  Thanks,

  Barbara