Self voicing hammers/work hardening

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sun, 29 May 2005 10:27:35 -0500

Barbara:
=20
I've hung two sets of Wurzen Ronsens but both went into practice room =
pianos.  I have not hardened them at all as I expect they will come up =
from use.  The balance is indeed very good.
=20
I've had somewhat longer experience with this felt on our CFIIIS that =
we've had since 2000 and those hammers need very little attention.  When =
voiced they seem to stay voiced longer than Renners - the other hammers =
I tend to use.  I am a strike point voicer which makes me a heretic and =
these respond so well to that.  On other hammers voicing the strike =
point is usually a short time thing and they come up quickly.  With this =
felt it doesn't.  I don't know why or how. =20
=20
I'd really recommend ordering a set as I can't think of a possible =
negative outcome.  If you can voice any hammer, you can voice these.
=20
dave
=20
David M. Porritt, RPT