M 4 Sale

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Mon, 30 May 2005 09:40:10 -0500

Re: M 4 SaleTry Julius Konopka in St. Louis.  He is listed in the =
directory.
He deals in used pianos.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, piano benches, writing =
instruments
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Andersen=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:41 PM
  Subject: Re: M 4 Sale

      Folks near here have a like-new 1981 ebony Steinway M
      Which means it has Teflon parts.  Eeewwww.

       with artists bench for sale. If I had money in the bank, I'd =
write them a chech right now.
      For how much, bro?
      =20
      Two questions for people with experience in the buying and selling =
of high end pianos:
      =20
          1. What would this piano likely sell for in your area (please =
mention where you live).
      LA---$18.5-24.5K
      =20
          2. I'm thinking they'd get a better price and sell it a lot =
faster if they were in a big city market. Are there dealors who take =
such a piano on consignment? (Specifically, if you know of any in St. =
Louis, Kansas City, or Springfield, MO, please let me know.)

      You're on your own there.....

      1981 was not a particularly good year at all for Steinways, IMO.

      David Andersen