Bass Overtones

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Mon, 30 May 2005 22:44:16 -0400

Hi Bruce,
Try some of Scott Jones, Pitch Lock string couplers.
You will be amazed at how they clean up bass string noises in bi-chords.
http://www.pitchlock.com

It took me several years before I would even stop to check them out at
conventions, etc.
Try it on some wrangly bass bi-chords.

Best regards,

Brad Smith, RPT
 www.smithpiano.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Bruce Gibson Piano Technician [mailto:bruce@bgpianotech.com]
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:47 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Bass Overtones

  Hello everyone.

  Bruce Gibson in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada here.

  I have a client who has a Kawai RX-2. We changed the bass strings to GC
Piano Co. strings because the client was complaining about obnoxious
overtones. Many of the offending overtones are still there.

  Any suggestions as to how I might go about eliminating them, or at very
least reducing them. I've tried voicing the hammers...with not audible
change.

  Look forward to your input.

  Thank you.

  Bruce