Bass Overtones

Bruce Gibson Piano Technician bruce@bgpianotech.com
Mon, 30 May 2005 21:15:55 -0600

Thanks Brad.

I really appreciate your suggestion. It's, frankly, the best one yet. =
One person suggested I place sand bags on the back stringing. Another =
suggeted that I could fool around with the scaling. This could be a very =
expensive proposition, given that I don't make my own bass strings. =
Seems like a bit of a hit or miss approach to me.

Do the couplers actually stay put on the speaking length side of the =
bass strings?=20

Cheers,

Bruce Gibson
Piano Technician

Cell - 306.221.3786
Fax - 306.955.3725
bruce@bgpianotech.com
www.bgpianotech.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brad Smith=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 8:44 PM
  Subject: RE: Bass Overtones

  Hi Bruce,=20
  Try some of Scott Jones, Pitch Lock string couplers.=20
  You will be amazed at how they clean up bass string noises in =
bi-chords.=20
  http://www.pitchlock.com

  It took me several years before I would even stop to check them out at =
conventions, etc.=20
  Try it on some wrangly bass bi-chords.=20

  Best regards,=20

  Brad Smith, RPT=20
   www.smithpiano.com=20
   =20