Self voicing hammers/work hardening

antares antares@euronet.nl
Tue, 31 May 2005 17:22:09 +0200

On 31-mei-05, at 7:42, John Musselwhite wrote:

> I do have a question for the Wurzen gurus if they're still reading
> this though. I have two "problem" Yamahas that are due for new
> hammers. Are the Wurzens suitable for a 15 year old G2 and a 45 year
> old G7, both in small rooms? Thanks in advance!
>
>                 John

Let me give you some valuable and interesting advice....
When we do a Yamaha hammer change, we offer our customers two
possibilities :
Either original Yamaha hammers with Royal George felt, or our own
hammers (same moulding) with Wurzen felt.
The result is astonishing and one you can compare with a brand new
CFIII-S with the old fashioned RG hammers, or with the hammers they use
for this concert grand, which is the Wurzen felt hammer.
It makes - all - the difference.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek