WUrzen felt----wasSelf voicing hammers

antares antares@euronet.nl
Tue, 31 May 2005 17:47:33 +0200

On 31-mei-05, at 17:19, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> By the way it would be a mistake to dismiss the the other hammer felts=20=

> used by Ray At Ronsen because they also make =A0VERY=A0 good hammers =
with=20
> slightly different treatments.=A0 Rays pressing is so consistent that=20=

> all the felts he uses make a very fine hammer. IE. VFG & Bacon

The only thing I really don't like about VFG felt, is that it is=20
pressed felt.
It does not have the 'natural' density / homogeneity the Wurzen felt=20
has, and to get the same 'density' they press it to get more mass.
That is of great consequence for the tone and that tone usually changes=20=

drastically in just a short time (many customers and tuners are not=20
aware of this, so who cares anyway?)
This is what happens to those older Seiler grands Barbara mentioned.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

www.concertpianoservice.nl