WUrzen felt----wasSelf voicing hammers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 31 May 2005 11:19:36 EDT

Most assuredly John.  Ronsen  Wurzens are suitable for any piano...with a
working  soundboard.  !
    I have installed  sets in a 15 year  old C-6  & 30 year c-3. These
hammers literally transformed the piano  & for the doubting Thomses among us
Shaping to a nice strike point  ,proper installation plus a close job of leveling
strings & mating the  hammers will be usually all that is needed for a great
tone from the get go. But  if one enjoys spending hours needling to get the sound
you want  ....for a while .... maybe..... then don't try them.
   If  ever there was a "magic hammer" that  gives a great tone right out of
the box it is these Ronsen Wurzen felt hammers.  Hey I've used ALL & I mean
all the others  & now I'm using  a hammer that has not failed to give me a tone
I like.
   By the way it would be a mistake to dismiss the  the other hammer felts
used by Ray At Ronsen because they also make  VERY  good hammers with slightly
different treatments.  Rays  pressing is so consistent that all the felts he
uses make a very fine hammer.  IE. VFG & Bacon
   I've used many sets for about 12 years with great  satisfaction. This is
what  custom made hammers are about. Or custom  restored or made............
anything.

 No biases just fact. grin
   Dale Erwin

I do  have a question for the Wurzen gurus if they're still reading this
though.  I have two "problem" Yamahas that are due for new hammers. Are the
Wurzens  suitable for a 15 year old G2 and a 45 year old G7, both in small
rooms?  Thanks in advance!

John