The Wyman News Bulletin

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 02 Oct 2005 21:34:10 +0200

Couldnt resist printing this quote from the website given.   TriPhonic
spruce soundboard eh.... hehe... catchy name.

Cheers
RicB

--------------

Wyman pianos are manufactured at a state-of-the-art factory in Beijing.
Laskey and Benson partnered with other former Baldwin veterans to teach
the factory how to execute the product for the U.S. market. "The factory
knows how to make pianos," Laskey explains. "They've been doing it since
1949. But they've been building primarily for the Chinese market, which
has different values and priorities than the U.S. market. We solved all
of those problems. We made jigs for them, corrected their methods, went
back to critique their work and advise them so they got it right by
themselves, every time -- and then we inspected and inspected and inspected.

According to Laskey, dealers will feel good about promoting Wyman Piano
features. For example, the Wyman TriPhonic spruce soundboard utilizes
three layers of fine spruce whose grains are positioned at prescribed
angles for optimum tone projection and durability. The TriPhonic
cantilevered bass bridge allows bass string vibrations to be transferred
to a more vibrant area of the soundboard. The 19-ply Wyman wrestplank,
made of hard rock maple, with plies oriented for maximum strength and
tuning stability, along with the thick, sturdy Wyman sand-cast iron
plate and wooden back frame all work together to provide outstanding
tuning stability over the life of the instrument.