Mona Lisa effect

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:16:48 -0500

At 08:00 AM 10/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>"If it doesn't have 12,011 genuine Steinway parts it isn't a Steinway"
>
>I've often wondered if the Kelly plate (accounting for half the mass of
>the instrument!), the Kluge keys, the Renner action and the Mapes strings
>have been counted among the 12,011 "genuine Steinway" parts.
>
>Terry Farrell

I think that "If it doesn't have 12,011 parts, put in and on the
instrument, in either the New York or Hamburg factories, or the London
shop, by genuine Steinway employees, during, and using, the normal
manufacturing (or re-manufacturing) procedures, it isn't a Steinway." is
too cumbersome a slogan.

Is a Chevy built by Daewoo still a Chevy?

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once, but they were all out of stock.