piano size

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic@ameritech.net
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Don,

I would think that anything smaller than 7 foot would be too small. My church seats 700 and we have a 117 year old S&S D that I completely restored five years ago. Our concert series artists fill the room with sound and we do not consider it to be too much.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic

Don <pianotuna@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Is there a "rule of thumb" for Hall size vs piano
size? I've been asked to suggest size of piano for a
600 to 800 seat Hall. How small is too small?

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/