PTA

Byeway222@aol.com Byeway222@aol.com
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 05:09:49 EDT

Hi Nigel,
It is interesting that the PTA has a closed list.  Typical  really.
I agree that the Pianotech list can field some naive questions  occasionally,
often from people just starting out, but when a subject  gets really meaty
(action geometry, soundboards etc.etc.) some really  heavyweight guys start
posting and the list really takes off.  How many  workshops in UK are doing a
fraction of the rebuilding work that our USA friends  are doing? How many would
genuinly share their ideas and discoveries?  Our  supply houses are a typical
example of how backward we are here.

Ric