Marketing performance pianos, suggested ad copy.

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:05:28 -0500

I thought about this question off and on all day as I was going about, as
usual, tuning crap pianos.

The word that comes to mind is SHOWCASE: Could such a piano be loaned for
use by a big-time performer, or on stage with a major symphony, or anywhere
else where big fans, big bucks, and big crowds congregate.

Other thoughts: A classy insert in programs, posters in lobbies, Kool-Aid &
Cheese receptions, get Emmanuel Ax or Andre Watts or someone comparable to
record a CD, some kind of joint promotion with Renner or other parts
people, string people, etc.

It's wonderful to see these at conventions--I saw Dales fabulous D in
Sacramento last February--and I suppose it helps to have as many industry
people buzzing about it as possible. But heck, most the techs I know are
not, trust me, potential buyers.

Here's a wild and wooley thought (possibly a sacralige) get PianoDisc to
sponsor a promotional tour for their product. Could you stand a few little
holes drilled in your belly? How about in the piano?

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri