The Nossaman Steinway (was rebuilders..)

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:40:28 +0200

Hi Folks:

Theres always a trade off or two.... :)  David Ilvedson, you are
correct, all else being equal. As far as the other two points made, I
would say both are too some degree correct.

Cheers
RicB
--------------
Thumpy writes:

I really like smaller grands, Del, because the shorter
keys have less inertial mass to overcome, making the
actions more responsive, I believe.

David Love writes:

Not sure that's how it works out.  Longer keys generally give greater
control and less variation in touchweight dynamics when playing from
different positions on the key itself.

David Ilvedson writes:

Don't longer keys have more of a tendency to flex?