Steinway parts

Kit Cleworth Kitster@Mosquitonet.com
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:48:20 -0800

I have a small S & S in my shop, a console built in 1945.  I think =
it=92s one
they made for the military=85 it=92s green inside and it looks to be the
original color.  The outside may have been olive drab as well, but that =
was
many coats of paint ago.

=20

My question:  I need three hammer butts and three wippens.  This is a =
tiny
action=85. The hammer shank isn=92t even 3 inches long.  Does anybody =
know of
parts available for this thing?

=20

The hammer butt is of the billings flange type.  The butts themselves =
look
like toys=85 about =BD the size of normal.  The wippens are also smaller =
than
normal and have the felt for contact with the capstan in the very front,
directly under the backcheck wire.

=20

If anybody has parts lying about for this thing, or knows where to =
obtain
them, I would be grateful.

=20

Thanks