Repinning Baldwin Grand with Accujust pins

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:42:59 -0300

What is the best way to repin a grand with Accujust pins? The tuning pins are looser, than they should be.   They don't like my suggestion of trying C/A glue.

Do we repin, and readjust the bearing from scratch?  How would that be done.

 Do we maintain the height, by clamping at the accujust pin, to hold position when the tension is off?

What is the best thing to use as a clamp, if above is true? Is a spring clamp with cushioned ends, sufficient.?

Or do we just make a few small blocks, and test fit each one first?

Any suggestions to make this job easier, are welcome.

Best regards,

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca